About Me

My photo
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Breakfast" - one man's journey through life with IT and all things related to it whether it's purely technical or just for fun...

Note - Any posts on this blog are purely my own personal opinion and do not reflect any opinions of companies and/or people that I mention. All advice is given to help you but I cannot be held responsible for your actions should you decide you want to try these things out yourself!

Wednesday 22 February 2012

TMG - URL Normalization

Hey Folks, found a fix for something I haven't seen before and fortunately it was quite a quick one too.  If you are publishing a website via TMG using a publishing rule you will find that, if your URL contains % symbols or "escaped characters" as the Help file calls them, the HTTP Filter which is on all HTTP/HTTPS rules will block it.  This is how to fix it...



To get round this you need to do the following:

Right click the Publishing Rule that you need and click Configure HTTP



Clear the tick box next to "Verify normalization" and then select OK



Now Apply the configuration and you should find the following error:



Will not be present when you log requests to your published site.



No comments:

Post a Comment